Opera by Giuseppe Verdi
Libretto by Arrigo Boito based on the work of William Shakespeare
Sir John Falstaff is an aging, foolhardy nobleman. He currently owes so much money, his credit is no longer good. To rebuild his fortune, he plans to seduce a wealthy middle-class woman into funding his lifestyle. He writes Alice Ford a romantic letter and believes she will fall swooning into his arms due to his charm and titled status. To hedge his bets, he also writes to Meg Page. Unfortunately, his plan has some flaws.
- He writes EXACTLY the same letter to both ladies.
- They just happen to be best friends.
- Neither the letter nor Sir John himself are in ANY WAY appealing to these happily married young women.
THE PSCO EXPERIENCE
With custom arrangements for chamber ensemble, performed by the best local talent, our productions are presented at the highest quality. In our intimate venues combined with the innovative concert opera format, you will see, hear and feel every note! No need for opera glasses or the distraction of sets or costumes. Enjoy refreshments at intermission, have an opportunity to win a free door prize and then it’s right back to the glorious music!
- Sir John Falstaff, an aging Knight – Michael Drumheller
- Ford, a wealthy man– Charles Robert Stephens
- Alice Ford, his wife – Regina Thomas
- Nanetta, their daughter – Serena Eduljee
- Mistress Quickly – Dawn Padula
- Meg Page – Rachelle Moss
- Fenton, one of Nanetta’s suitors – Luke Norvell
- Dr. Caius – Stuart Lutzenhiser
- Pistola, a follower of Falstaff – Adam Sterling
- Bardolfo, a follower of Falstaff – Namarea Randolph- Yosea
- Conducted and Arranged by David McDade
- Chorus Master/Piano – John Burkhardt