As the venue supervisor, you will be the lead during events, ensuring everything runs smoothly and supporting the team to complete all duties.
The Venue Supervisor role is highly sought after and carries significant responsibility. Shifts typically cover the full rental period plus one hour of preparation and one hour of strike. Shifts usually last between 6 to 10 hours with the busiest periods being Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings. There is also additional demand on Sunday afternoons and evenings with increasing opportunities on weekdays.
- Set up and prepare the venue based on provided event documentation
- Support and supervise all event staff
- Manage cash, restock the bar, empty trash, and tend to restrooms
- Act as the liaison between the venue, client, guests, and vendors
- Ensure venue cleanliness before a shift is complete
- Prior experience in retail, customer service, or management
- MAST (Mandatory Alcohol Server Training) Certification
- Aptitude to learn basic audio-visual technology operation
- $25 / hour
- Team members (excluding management) split voluntary tips from public events and a minimum 18% gratuity from private events.
- Freelance (independent contractor)